Some riders “get it” right away, while others struggle, this is much down to choosing the right gear and understanding the basics technical aspects.
Our target is an early and easy take-off, superb balance while riding, easy touch down with fast relaunch.
To get started we need stability and since volume works on leverage, the further away the volume is from your feet, the more stability it creates. We placed the volume in the rails, at the square nose and at the little “platform” at the tail of the board. Stability is also created by having the feet as close to the foil as possible. We do not want to foil with “High Heels”, so the thinner a board is, the better it rides.
Makes it incredibly forgiving on touchdowns as the nose bounces and skims off the large surface area, not sticking and slowing you down.
Significantly improves stability as you have a lower centre of gravity. It also brings you closer to the foil for more control when up and riding.
At the tail of the board lets the water drain out immediately once foiling.
THE BOXY RAILS
Pack the volume where you need it, increasing the float and stability so you can ride a narrower and shorter board.
HIGH VOLUME TAIL
Boosts the overall float to ride such small boards.
FLAT TAIL ROCKER
And sharp rails forward increase ground speed until take off.
That get deeper towards the tail helps to pump, rock the board into release, and also helps for stability.
Allows the board to release that much earlier and reduces the rails from catching through turning.
Make it easy to know where to position the feet and always be in the right spot to trim the board.
Is optimized to provide early lift for fast takeoffs and gives a very balanced trim when up and riding.
The carry handle is moved to the bottom of the board to avoid interfering when foiling, yet still easy to carry.
NEW BLUE CARBON
LIGHTWEIGHT, 2X FULL CARBON, STRONG AND DURABLE
- Full wrap of 150g Biaxial Carbon for its durable skin and strength, combined with a full UD Carbon wrap for additional stiffness and total breakage strength.
- Extra glass reinforcements are positioned in the critical standing area to prevent heel dents and for extra strength over sharp edges.
- New extra reinforced foil box uses a large PVC plate sandwiched between 2 x strong glass layers for the highest total breakage strength.
LIGHT, STRONG, AFFORDABLE
- Extra rigidity with the introduction of unidirectional stringer bands and solid with added rail / nose reinforcements.
- Australian pine on standing area for extra impact resistance and rigidity in the most critical area.
- All inserts have added high-density foam reinforcements.
|Model||7'0" x 30"||6'7" x 28"||5'8" x 25"||4'6" x 25"|
|Length||7'0" / 213.4 cm||6'7" / 200.7 cm||5'8" / 172.7 cm||4'6" / 137.2 cm|
|Width||30" / 76.2 cm||28" / 71.1 cm||25" / 63.5 cm||25" / 63.5 cm|
|Thickness||4.3" / 10.9 cm||4.2" / 10.4 cm||3.8" / 9.7 cm||3.8" / 9.7 cm|
|Tail Width||24.6” / 62.5 cm||23.5” / 59.7 cm||21" / 53.3 cm||21.7” / 55.1 cm|
|Volume||140 L||115 L||88 L||69 L|
|Rider Weight||50-110 kg||40-95 kg||40-85 kg||30-75 kg|
|Fin Set Up||10" US Box||10" US Box||10" US Box||10" US Box|
|Weight||BLUE CARBON: 7.9 kg (est)
LITE TECH: 9.4 kg (est)
|BLUE CARBON: 7.3 kg (est)
LITE TECH: 8.7 kg (est)
|BLUE CARBON: 6.5 kg (est)
LITE TECH: 7.9 kg (est)
|BLUE CARBON: 5.2 kg (est)
LITE TECH: 6.8 kg (est)